General Position Summary
As a member of the product development team for advanced staining reagents, the main responsibilities of associate scientist are to contribute to the development and improvement of reagents for immunohistochemistry (IHC) and in situ hybridization (ISH) using an automated staining platform and manual methodology. The main duties are to perform IHC/ISH experiment on tissue sections and to collect data. Apply basic laboratory techniques and skills to conduct pre-designed experiments, making detailed observations and analyzing data with a high level of accuracy. Prepare technical summaries and protocols for internal use
Essential Job Functions
Research and Development Activities
- Prepare reagents and maintain lab reagents and supplies
- Organize tissue specimens
- Maintain laboratory in organized fashion to support good workflow
- Operate and maintain lab equipment including automated immunostainer
- Execute IHC/ISH protocol
- Collect and document data
- Communicate and coordinate with external collaborators for stained and unstained tissues
- Provide observation and possible root cause for unexpected results from the experiments
- Perform stability study
- Interact with other department to facilitate product development activity
- Assist in preparing product technical report
- Assist product transfer to production
- Perform experiment and practice documentation according to all applicable SOPs, environmental health and safety regulation
- Maintain experimental records
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned including validation study
Quality/Business Systems Activities
- Actively seek opportunities to continuously improve quality and work efficiency.
- Ensure applicable standards and systems implementation for ISO and FDA QSR’s are met.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable environmental, health, and safety regulations.
Information Management & Reporting Activities
- Keep accurate lab notebooks
- Provide clear verbal and power point presentation.
- BS/BA degree in biology, biochemistry, life sciences, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience & Minimum Qualifications
- 0 – 2 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous GMP/GLP experience is preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrable competency in technical writing.
- Knowledge in the biological sciences and the scientific method.
- Eagerness to learn and acquire new skills.
- Basic computer and clerical skills.
- Ability to adapt to change and work effectively under pressure and time constraints, while maintaining a high level of work quality.
- Excellent mathematical skills.
- Knowledge of biochemical technique, including IHC, ISH, antibody, spectrophotometry, bacterial culture, mammalian cell culture, DNA, RNA, PCR, and probe.
- Ability to effectively interact with diverse personalities; must be tactful and flexible.
- Possess excellent communication skills with department personnel.
Physical Requirements & Working Environment
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. with assistance.
- Ability to work with human plasma-based products.
- This position may work in a laboratory environment
- Ability to read and analyze information in both hard copy and on-screen forms.
- Ability to successfully respond to multiple work pressures.
- Ability to listen, resolve problems, and manage tasks.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to individuals and groups.
- This position requires the employee to frequently sit; in addition, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers and reach with hands and arms.
Affirmative Action Employer Veterans / Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer
The above description identifies the essential job functions and skills needed by the person or persons assigned to this position. These job functions and skills are not intended to be a complete and exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The information contained herein is subject to change at the company's discretion.