General Position Summary
To achieve Sakura sales and profitability goals within an assigned territory through the implementation of aggressive, direct selling techniques. Responsible for sales activities for Sakura’s Genie Advanced Staining System for immunohistochemistry and in-situ hybridization (IHC and ISH) and related reagents and consumable products as they are introduced to the market within given geographic territories. Coordinates all sales related activities for these products and ensures that sales and promotional plans prepared by Sales and Marketing Management are implemented at the field level directly with customers.
Essential Job Functions
- Conducts all sales related activities for Sakura’s Genie Advanced Staining System and related reagents and consumable products including prospecting, qualifying, coordinating on-site demonstrations and evaluations, as well as closing the account.
- Achieves monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals for the territory.
- Prospects for all product opportunities. Focus of calls is primarily Pathologists, Laboratory/Hospital Administration and Histology Laboratory Managers/Supervisors.
- Identifies, targets and develops key strategic IHC accounts in the territory.
- Plans and schedules face-to-face account calls to current and potential end-users of the Sakura Genie Advanced Staining System and subsequent product additions as they are introduced.
- Implements sales plans and special promotions in the achievement of sales goals.
- Develops efficient and cost-effective customer call routes within the assigned territory.
- Ensures timely delivery of customer quotes, proposals and bid responses.
- Ensures that customers requesting demonstrations on the Sakura Genie Advanced Staining System are served in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintains technical, product, applications and sales skill knowledge for responsible products.
- Assists Field Applications Specialist (FAS) in installation/set-up of instrumentation in customer laboratories and performs presentations and aids with evaluations.
- Utilizes and is proficient in developing and positioning a variety of customer purchase options including capital, reagent rental, reagent acquisition and leases.
- Maintains current knowledge of competition and market through study of competitive marketing information, competitive literature, and field surveillance of competition.
- Coordinates and works effectively with existing Areas Sales Managers, Regional Sales Managers, National Account Manager and Director of Sales to realize synergies and sell bundles of product to customer.
- Establishes customer relationships and maintains positive reference accounts for the Sakura Genie Advanced Staining System.
- Communicates regularly with Field Applications Specialist personnel to foster coordinated and targeted efforts to sell Sakura Genie Advanced Staining System
- Applies complete knowledge of responsible products, policies and procedures to maximize sales efforts and close sales.
- Trains and familiarizes Area Sales Managers on IHC related products and applications to leverage Sakura portfolio synergy selling.
- Maintains demonstration equipment in a clean and operational manner and regularly turns demonstration inventory to territory targets.
- Confers with Area Sales Manager regarding the handling and management of national accounts within the territory.
- Follows normal S.O.P. for customer complaint handling to ensure total customer satisfaction. Participates in product complaint resolution when requested.
- Conducts customer workflow analysis, analyze customer needs, and recommend workflow changes.
- Provides suggestions for process or product improvements, new products, and promotion or sales methods.
- Participates in sales meetings and national and local trade shows as appropriate and authorized.
- Routinely uses the Company’s Salesforce.com sales automation system that is mandated and supported by the Company.
- Using the Salesforce.com sales automation system, maintains customer account profiles and information on each customer within the territory to facilitate transfer of accounts in the event of territorial realignments or termination.
- Using the sales automation system, monitors competitive information and reports competitive activities to Company management.
- Maintains competitive landscape of contract expirations in SFDC for precise targeting of selling cycle in IHC market.
- Prepares a variety of reports such as sales forecasts, sales target account profiles, action plans and results, surveys, research information as requested by Company management.
- On a regular basis, communicates with both internal and external company personnel and affiliated personnel providing important information regarding sales and marketing activities.
- Coordinates and oversees the constant improvement in departmental work processes, research and educational procedures and administrative procedures.
- Attends local, regional and national exhibits and workshops/seminars when requested by Company management.
- Utilizes Salesforce.com customer relations management system to maintain current accounts, customer contacts, enter sales activities and maintain sales pipelines.
- Maintains control over expenses within guidelines and budgets set by Company management.
- Identifies customers who may be willing to publish third party papers on Sakura's behalf when requested by Company Management.
- Properly maintains company property such as, leased car, demo equipment, exhibit materials, etc.
- Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS.) or equivalent experience.
- Business or medical background preferred.
Experience & Minimum Qualifications
- 5 or more years of previous sales experience in capital equipment with medical equipment including reagent systems or equivalent required, histology instrument sales preferred.
- 1-3 years sales experience in selling IHC Systems preferred.
- Knowledge of laboratory medicine or science background preferred.
- Previous experience in related field preferred.
- Requires a valid Driver's License.
- Possess superior communication skills, including the use of presentation tools such as PowerPoint.
- Proficient in Microsoft office and the use spreadsheets for forecasting and use of financial analysis tools.
Physical Requirements & Working Environment
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans / Disabled
Affirmative Action Employer