General Position Summary
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for the product planning and field execution throughout the product lifecycle of the assigned product line(s), including new products in development. This includes but is not limited to: promotion, field demonstrations, support, management, monitoring, forecast and reporting on the products.
Essential Job Functions
Product Management and Marketing Activities
- Plays an integral role in product planning to ensure appropriateness and differentiation.
- Supports and implements the product strategy as defined in the business plan.
- Conducts demonstrations for qualified potential customers, assisting Area Sales Managers to independently handle sales presentations in the future.
- Supports a team of field sales and applications product specialists with information, collateral and programs to ensure success.
- Act as a leader within the company when representing the product lines in decision making processes including Sakura group meetings as indicated.
- Be current and considered an expert with respect to the competition and market segment.
- Plans, develops, designs and implements all aspects of product marketing related to products.
- Coordinates and oversees agencies and vendors to achieve advertisement objectives and other product related projects.
- Manages product expense budget to stay within guidelines and goals.
- Conducts market research and collects market intelligence on an ongoing basis.
- Defines product specifications and product enhancement specifications for product lines at appropriate times.
- Researches, reports and recommends new products to be added to the portfolio.
- Designs and manages customer evaluations for new products or product improvements to obtain market intelligence.
- Determines and utilizes most suitable marketing campaigns to ensure success of product lines.
- Launches new products according to Sakura procedures.
- Conducts Dream Lab and special demonstrations to potential customers in the field. Maintains current knowledge of competition and market through study of competitive marketing information, competitive literature and field surveillance of competition.
- In conjunction with the Area Sales Managers, maintains a set of target accounts and associated action plans for all prospects.
Planning and Administration Activities
- Develops and implements business plans to achieve sales and profit objectives.
- Collects analyses and reports on all sales activity for product lines.
- Controls spending and monitors budgets to maximize return on investment.
- Maintains technical information and competition files on an ongoing basis.
Information Management & Reporting Activities
- Coordinates a variety of information from both internal and external personnel including distributors, Sakura Japan and Sakura Europe personnel.
- Collects, interprets, evaluates and summarizes information for the purpose of reporting to top management to assist with the decision making process.
- Plans, coordinates and prepares a variety of reports, surveys, research information and any special informational requests made by Company management.
- Participates in the preparation of monthly sales target, reports actual results and submits to superior for review and comments.
- Reports all important business decisions to superior, provides changes to plans and reports any high risk issues.
Quality/Business Systems Activities
- Ensures that the Quality/Business System is defined and deployed and actively seeks opportunities to continuously improve.
- Follows up on action items addressed by LRT and oversees resolution of quality issues.
- Reviews business metrics, business opportunities and quality improvements.
- Initiates preventive action based on improvement opportunities or trends identified in Review meetings.
- Initiates action items and assigns responsibilities.
- Reviews Quality Program issues through active leadership in Review Meetings while interacting closely with the Leadership Representative/Quality Program Coordinator.
- Keeps up to date on industry-related and competitive information by attending meetings, conferences and conventions and reading industry journals as well as talking to contacts in the industry.
- Coordinates with Instrument Service, Order Management and Technical Support Department personnel for problem solving.
- Assists product development personnel with product development as required.
- Assists in business related activities of Sakura Finetek.
- Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience & Minimum Qualifications
- Eight (8) to ten (10) years sales and/or marketing experience in the clinical or research industry.
- Five (5) years or more previous marketing experience with high end capital equipment in related field(s).
- Tangible examples of success with capital equipment and consumables product marketing.
- Working knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft Office required.
- Requires a valid Driver's License and ability to travel extensively.
Physical Requirements & Working Environment
- Ability to travel within U.S.A. and international locations, approximately 50%.
- Ability to work on weekends to travel, attend conventions or perform related work.
- Ability to read and analyze hard written copy and information on a computer screen.
- Ability to utilize personal computer.
- Ability to successfully respond to multiple work pressures.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to individuals and groups.
- Ability to communicate verbally in person and using a phone.
- Ability to listen for understanding and assist in problem solving.
Affirmative Action Employer
"Sakura Finetek USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law."