General Position Summary
Entry level position to enable transition into the Marketing Department for candidates lacking Marketing and/or Sales experience. Under the close direction of Director of Marketing, integrate and coordinate tactical and strategic marketing plans for assigned products. This includes but is not limited to promotion, assisting in field demonstrations, pricing, and forecasting.
Essential Job Functions
Product Management Activities
- Plays an integral role in product planning to ensure appropriateness and differentiation.
- Supports and implements the product strategy as defined in the business, marketing or market launch plans.
- Supports a team of field sales and applications product specialists with information, collateral and programs to ensure success.
- Acts as a leader within the Company when representing the product lines in decision making processes including global Sakura Finetek group meetings as indicated.
- Stays current and considered as an expert with respect to the competition and market segment.
- Plans, develops, designs and implements all aspects of product marketing related to products.
- Coordinates and oversees agencies and vendors to achieve advertisement objectives and other product related projects.
- Manages product expense budget to stay within guidelines and goals.
- Conducts market research and collects market intelligence on an ongoing basis.
- Defines product specifications and product enhancement specifications for product at appropriate times.
- Researches, reports and recommends new products to be added to these product lines.
- Designs and manages customer evaluations for new products or product improvements to obtain market intelligence.
- Determines and utilizes most suitable marketing campaigns to ensure success of product lines.
- Launches new products according to Company procedures, including assessment of product readiness and market readiness.
- Participates in Dream Lab customer visits and special demonstrations to potential customers in the field.
- Maintains current knowledge of competition and market through study of competitive market information, competitive literature and field surveillance of competition.
- In conjunction with the Area Sales Managers, serves a set of key strategic target accounts and associated action plans for all printer and digital microscope prospects.
Planning & Administration Activities
- Maintains the ability to develop and implement marketing plans to achieve sales and profit objectives.
- Submits all unit sales and revenue forecasts and completes them on time.
- Studies and controls pricing policies to achieve profit objectives.
- Controls spending and monitors budgets to maximize return on investment.
- Maintains technical information and competition files on an ongoing basis.
Information Management & Reporting Activities
- Coordinates information from both internal and external personnel including Sakura Finetek USA distributors, Sakura Finetek Japan and Sakura Finetek Europe personnel.
- Collects, interprets, evaluates and summarizes information for the purpose of reporting to top management to assist with the decision-making process.
- Plans, coordinates and prepares reports, surveys, research information and any special informational requests made by Company management.
- Participates in the preparation of monthly sales target, reports actual results and submits to his/her manager for review and comments.
- Reports all important business decisions to his/her manager, provides changes to plans and reports any high-risk issues.
Quality/Business Systems Activities
- Ensures that the Quality & Business Systems Activities are defined and deployed and actively seeks opportunities to continuously improve.
- Follows up on action items requested by his/her manager and supports resolution of quality issues.
- Reviews business metrics, business opportunities and quality improvements.
- Initiates preventive action based on improvement opportunities or trends identified during Leadership Review meetings.
Initiates and or drives actions to advance market adoption of both product lines.
- Communications Management Competency
- Manages communication with stakeholders through organized processes to ensure that product management information is defined, collected, shared, understood, stored and retrieved in a manner that effectively meets project and stakeholder needs.
- Maintains a product management communications plan understood by stakeholders.
- Follows processes to ensure clear and effective two-way communication.
- Maintains a regular product management status reporting and performance reviews that meet time and content requirements of stakeholders.
- Utilizes communication mechanisms appropriate to audience, urgency and message.
- Manages stakeholder expectations.
- Works with customers in creating positive external communications, including publications, references, proof sources, testimonials.
- Implements an information storage and retrieval infrastructure.
- Documents, communicates and stores lessons learned in appropriate repository.
Business Acumen Competency
- Applies knowledge, insights and understanding of product management financials to the benefit of project decisions, actions, and performance.
- Supports product management performance goals and objectives with the organization’s performance goals and objectives.
- Meets or exceeds profit objectives such as ROI.
- Applies appropriate business analysis techniques such as return on investment, business cases, trade studies, cost as an independent variable.
- Makes business recommendations in a timely and effective manner.
- Follows appropriate cost accounting practices.
- Analyzes environment such as political situations, industries and competitors to achieve project and company objectives.
- Contributes to the constant improvement in, but not limited to, departmental work processes, research procedures, and administrative procedures.
- Keeps up to date on industry-related and competitive information by attending meetings, conferences and conventions and reading industry journals as well as talking to contacts in the industry.
- Coordinates with Sales, R&D, Instrument Services, Order Management, Technical Support Department personnel and global product marketing teams for support, problem solving and product planning.
- Supports the product development teams as necessary and required.
- Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED Required.
- Associates Degree preferred.
- Certification/registration: HT (ASCP), QIHC(ASCP), MT(ASCP) preferred.
Experience & Minimum Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years laboratory experience, Technical or Applications Support, R&D or Sales experience.
- Knowledge of Histology products and /or Histology market.
Physical Requirements & Working Environment
- Ability to travel within U.S.A. and ex-U.S.A. locations op to 30%.
- Ability to work within the marketing team and in cross-functional development and launch teams.
- Ability to read and analyze hard written copy and information on a personal computer screen in English.
- Ability to utilize a personal computer.
- Ability to successfully respond to multiple work pressures.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to individuals and groups.
- Ability to communicate verbally in person and using a phone.
- Ability to listen for understanding and assist in problem solving.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans / Disabled
Affirmative Action Employer
“Sakura Finetek USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law."