General Position Summary
Primary Function of this position is to assemble products and assist the manufacturing assembly line, QA and/or support engineering in testing and troubleshooting and performing intermediate subsystem and complete assembly testing. This position will assemble, test, and troubleshoot the product in various phases of assembly. This position will require the ability to plan, layout and conduct moderately complex tests as well as operate test equipment. The position will analyze test results and provide documentation of analyses in an organized manner.
Essential Job Functions
- Under general supervision, performs various tasks requiring knowledge of assembly techniques, tools, materials, machines and equipment.
- Assembles electromechanical units or fabricated parts to make subassemblies or complete units using hand tools, power tools and equipment.
- Fits, aligns, calibrates and adjusts parts and mechanisms to meet tolerances and product operating and quality requirements.
- Works from engineering drawings, rough sketches, manuals, verbal or written instructions
- Repairs units which have failed to meet product operating and quality requirements.
- Performs in-process and final quality inspection of assembled products.
- May train and monitor the work of other assemblers.
- Evaluates assembly procedures and manuals and recommends revisions when required.
- Performs such tasks as replacing components and wiring circuits.
- Repairs and aligns mechanical and simple electronic equipment (board level).
- Takes test readings using common instruments such as digital multimeters, signal generators, and oscilloscopes.
- Must be able to read electronic schematic diagrams for circuit tracing and troubleshooting.
- Capable of receiving technical guidance as required from supervisor or engineers.
- Will be required to train subordinates or co-workers as necessary to enhance skill level and knowledge base.
- May be required to act as supervisor during supervisor’s absence.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Quality Business System Activities
- Actively seeks opportunities to continually improve processes that affect the quality of products and services delivered to customers.
- Provides status on action items when required and ensures resolution of quality issues.
- Assists in the control of processes and/or procedures to ensure the highest possible levels of quality.
- Documents activities for management review.
- Evaluates and recommends changes in methods and procedures in assigned area of responsibility.
- Seeks constant improvement in work processes and techniques.
- Assures that assembly areas are in an orderly and functional condition.
- Suggests improvement in departmental work processes and procedures.
- Maintains good communications both inside and outside of the Company.
- Attends and participates in group meetings, task force groups, etc., as needed.
- Works with Support Engineering to resolve technical issues
- Aids Support Engineering with design of assemblies and units for manufacturing capability.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned by Company management.
High school diploma, GED or equivalent education and experience.
Experience & Minimum Qualifications
- Minimum six years experience in manufacturing environment.
- 3+ years of previous work experience in the assembly of electromechanical and electronic devices.
- Exposure and training to Six Sigma and/or lean manufacturing preferred.
- Experience with test equipment such as impedance analyzers, power meters and measurement components is required.
- Able to use mechanical and electrical tools such as fixtures, calipers, torque wrenches, and multimeters.
- Demonstrated ability to understand prints, schematics, wiring diagrams and specifications
- Analysis and problem solving skills to determine root cause and assist in obtaining corrective actions.
- Demonstrate the ability to accurately record analysis results and pertinent data into written reports.
- Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions in written, diagram and verbal forms.
- Ability to comply with FDA Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Ability to meet project deadlines.
Physical Requirements & Working Environment
- Ability to work safely and according to departmental procedures when working at high temperatures with hazardous equipment and materials such as rotary valves, soldering irons, heat guns, heated cutting blades and welding torch.
- Ability to lift and or move up to 50 lbs.
- Requires prolonged standing or sitting, frequent bending, stooping and stretching.
- Ability to successfully respond to multiple work pressures.
- Ability to communicate verbally to individuals and groups.
- Ability to communicate verbally in person and using a phone.
- Ability to listen for understanding and assisting in problem solving.
Affirmative Action Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer
"Sakura Finetek USA, Inc.is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, proctected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law."