General Position Summary
Under minimal supervision, oversees functions in the storage or movement of received stock, equipment or merchandise. Directs and performs the movement of materials. Helps management develop work schedules and recommends methods of improving the work flow within the warehouse.
Essential Job Functions
Material Handling Activities
- By means of hand trucks, forklifts and other methods, moves cases, crates, packages and other materials in warehouse.
- Stacks and stores materials in designated areas in the warehouse.
- Performs tasks necessary for the shipping of finished products in an automated shipping and receiving environment as described in the Shipping SOP.
- Weighs and addresses parcels or crates of materials, attaching postage or preparing bills of lading, and keeping records of goods shipped.
- Counts and examines incoming supplies, stock and items purchased to verify completeness against shipping documents.
- Visually inspects all incoming shipments for damage, tampering and other receiving scenarios as described in the Receiving SOP. Rejects damaged items after communicating with the Warehouse Supervisor.
- Keeps records of shortages, exceptions and damage and reports those conditions to the Warehouse Supervisor.
- Packs parts, finished products or other materials in cardboard or wooden boxes, cartons or other containers preparatory to shipment or storage.
- Folds, stacks, or otherwise neatly arranges the articles in a container using packing materials as necessary to prevent breakage or damage.
Lead person Activities
- Assist Warehouse Manager in daily task of department functions.
- Ensures accurate sorting and recording of various types of orders.
- Assigns and works with other material handlers in performing warehouse functions such as picking, verifying products against orders, packaging and logging in orders in different shipping systems such as UPS, FEDEX, etc.
- Ensures accuracy of products picked and required methods of shipment. Reports discrepancies or problems to management.
- Prepares and submits daily status reports to management.
- Maintains accurate files of all required records and ensures distribution of copies to appropriate individuals.
- Seeks constant improvement in work processes and techniques.
- Maintains good communications both inside and outside of the Company.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned by Company Management.
- Maintains warehouse in an organized, safe and clean working condition.
- May drive to vendor locations to drop off or pick up packages.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies. Notifies Warehouse Manager when inventory is low.
High school diploma, GED or equivalent education and experience.
Experience & Minimum Qualifications
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in warehouse environment.
- Ability to use typical office equipment (i.e., calculator, typewriter, copier, etc.).
- Must be able to properly operate warehouse equipment such as forklift and pallet jacks according to work processes, safety standards, and provided training.
- Ability to use a personal computer and software for business applications such as word processing, spreadsheet and database programs.
- Ability to get along well with diverse personalities. Must be tactful, mature and flexible.
- Ability to comprehend management instructions and effectively implement them independently or within a group.
Physical Requirements & Working Environment
- Ability to lift and or move up to 55 lbs.
- Requires prolonged standing or sitting, frequent bending, stooping and stretching.
- Ability to successfully respond to multiple work pressures.
- Ability to communicate verbally to individuals and groups.
- Ability to communicate verbally in person and using a phone.
- Ability to listen for understanding and assisting in problem solving.
- May be required to have a valid Driver's License and access to a car.
- May be required to drive to vendor locations.
Affirmative Action Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer
The above description identifies the essential job functions and skills needed by the person or persons assigned to this position. These job functions and skills are not intended to be a complete and exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The information contained herein is subject to change at the company's discretion.