General Position Summary
Responsible for coordinating Technical Support activities, applications troubleshooting, LIS support, follow-up for all Sakura customers and Sales teams. Participates in all Quality Assurance procedures as required.
Essential Job Functions
- Interacts with various departments and supports customers in pre/post sale activities for Sakura instruments requiring LIS connection.
- Understands and interprets customer requirements with relation to product functionality and performance for each account.
- Act as LIS Technical Specialist and conduit for information between customers and internal departments within Sakura.
- Troubleshoot and resolution of customer LIS technical issues and provide assistance in understanding and proper use as relates to products.
- May assist the Sales team during field installation or travel to customers’ site to help implement the LIS connection, provide troubleshooting and training.
- Reviews and provides reports to management including trend analyses, hot topics, suggestions and opportunities to appropriate management teams for improvement of the products and processes.
- Reviews Company and external literatures related to LIS for improvements. Stay updated on different LIS systems in the field and work closely with the Product Manager for compatibility issues.
- Participates in projects related to new products for LIS validation.
Technical Support Activities
- Responsible for addressing application and instrument issues.
- Provide technical support for new and existing customers.
- Participate in industry forums and product Sales demonstrations.
- Quickly responds to customer inquiries and request regarding products, questions and technical problems.
- Conducts research to obtain support information if necessary. Proposes alternative solutions to customers for a variety of issues.
- Assists in the control of processes and/or procedures to assure the highest possible levels of quality.
- May provide various reports and information concerning market information, product liability issues, etc., as requested.
- Seeks constant improvement in work processes and techniques to increase department productivity.
- Maintains good communications both inside and outside of the Company.
- Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent in IT and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience & Minimum Qualifications
- 3-5 years’ experience in Information Technology (Hospital IT/LIS preferred)
- Strong customer satisfaction skills.
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to write daily reports, business correspondence and sales reports according to specified timelines.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, etc.
- Ability to get along well with diverse personalities. Must be tactful, mature and flexible.
- Fluency with a variety of word processing and spreadsheet software packages used on personal computers.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to present ideas in a clear and concise manner.
Physical Requirements & Working Environment
- This position requires the employee to frequently sit. In addition, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to read and analyze hard written copy and information on a computer screen.
- Ability to successfully respond to multiple work pressures.
- Ability to travel to other locations both within and outside of the local region. Must have a valid driver's license and access to a car.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to individuals and groups.
- Ability to communicate verbally in person and using a phone.
- Ability to listen, understand, interpret and solve problems.
Affirmative Action Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer