Sakura Finetek USA launches 12 new ready-to-use antibodies for the Tissue-Tek Genie® Advanced Staining System.
June 06, 2019
Contact: Erico von Bueren, Director of Marketing
TORRANCE, CA – Sakura Finetek USA, Inc. today announced the launch of 12 new ready-to-use antibodies for the Tissue-Tek Genie®
Advanced Staining System.
“Adding to the ever-expanding menu of optimal quality ready-to-use antibodies for immunohistochemistry (IHC) further enhances the clinical value proposition and utility of the Genie Advanced Staining System approach for our customers” said George Kennedy, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “Sakura Finetek remains committed to biomarker menu expansion for our steadily-growing install base of Genie customers worldwide who are experiencing unprecedented staining quality and consistency, predictable turnaround time (TAT) and true walk-away automation” continued Mr. Kennedy.
These 12 antibodies broaden the coverage of gastrointestinal (GI), breast, urology, prostate and hematopathology panels:
- Tissue-Tek Genie® anti-NKX3.1 Rabbit Monoclonal Antibody [EP356]
- Tissue-Tek Genie® anti-CD14 Rabbit Monoclonal Antibody [EP128]
- Tissue-Tek Genie® anti-CD71 Rabbit Monoclonal Antibody [EP232]
- Tissue-Tek Genie® anti-ERG Rabbit Monoclonal Antibody [EP111]
- Tissue-Tek Genie® anti-GCDFP-15 Rabbit Monoclonal Antibody [EP95]
- Tissue-Tek Genie® anti-c-Myc Rabbit Monoclonal Antibody [EP121]
- Tissue-Tek Genie® anti-Lysozyme Rabbit Polyclonal Antibody
- Tissue-Tek Genie® anti-Hepatocyte (HEP PAR 1) Mouse Monoclonal Antibody [OCH1E5]
- Tissue-Tek Genie® anti-MUC1 Mouse Monoclonal Antibody [ZM32]
- Tissue-Tek Genie® anti-CD19 Rabbit Monoclonal Antibody [EP169]
- Tissue-Tek Genie® anti-Myosin Smooth Muscle Mouse Monoclonal Antibody [SMMS-1]
- Tissue-Tek Genie® anti-p120 Rabbit Monoclonal Antibody [EP66]
Like the wide range of antibodies launched previously, these new 12 antibodies are provided in 2 formats to serve any laboratory size and workflow:
About the Genie System
Quality that excites
- Innovative single-use capsules that enable loading of any slide, any stain, any time, on any instrument.
- Cartridges with 250 tests for high volume antibodies used every day.
. Sakura Finetek partnered with NordiQC (www.nordiqc.org
), a world-leading external quality assurance institute, to assure optimal stain quality for our entire menu of antibodies. The species and clones of Genie antibodies have been carefully selected and proficiently developed to meet our rigorous standards. The stain protocols for Genie antibodies provide exceptional sensitivity and specificity to enable accurate assessment of patients’ specimens by pathologists.
Stop sorting, gain time
. With its 30 fully independent staining stations, the Genie offers true random access and does not slow down when more slides are added. Users can eliminate time-consuming slide sorting or grouping, and instead simply load their next most important slide or case.
Flexibility that liberates
. Laboratories can use Genie’s unique and innovative single-use
capsules for antibodies or probes and load them on Genie’s independent staining stations together with the slides. The 250-test Genie Pro Detection Systems (DAB, AP Red) and antibody cartridges are loaded onto the system’s carousel, which deliver the reagents in constant timed cycles guaranteeing predictable workflow. Genie allows users to realize flexibility, better economy, and faster turnaround time.
Fast to learn, easy to operate.
The Genie Software uses intuitive graphics and two mouse-
click navigation for simplified operation, and provides a comprehensive status at a glance. The replacement of bulk reagents and waste bottles is quick and strain-free.
About Sakura Finetek USA, Inc.
With its U.S. office based in Torrance, California, Sakura Finetek is the global leader in advancing cancer diagnostics by providing integrated solutions for anatomic pathology and patient treatment through best-in-class innovation, quality and customer care. With a strategic focus on end-to-end automation, Sakura Finetek continues to lead the industry in the development and commercialization of automated histopathology instrumentation and consumables for anatomic pathology.
Sakura Finetek systems dramatically increase efficiency, standardize results, and enable clinical laboratories to more simply manage their daily workload while significantly impacting patient care. Visit www.sakuraus.com
to learn more.
Erico von Bueren
Director of Marketing
Sakura Finetek USA, Inc.
1750 W. 214th St.
Torrance, CA 90501