General Position Summary
Responsible for sales activities within given geographic boundaries. Coordinates all sales related activities for Sakura Finetek products including sales demonstrations, installations and training of customers and field distributor relations.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensures that sales and promotional plans prepared by Sales and Marketing are enacted at the field level with customers and distribution sales personnel.
- Ensures that customers requesting demonstrations on any of Sakura products or Instrument Systems are served in a timely fashion.
- Provides product training to distributor sales personnel using sales meetings or one-on-one training.
- Installs Sakura Finetek instruments and trains customers on proper operation and maintenance.
- Provides follow-up on sales leads in a timely fashion.
- Develops efficient and cost effective customer call routes within the assigned territory.
- Coordinates with distributors, provides direct sale products, and ensures the timely delivery of customer quotes and bid responses.
- Applies a broad knowledge of all company products, policies and procedures to maximize sales efforts and close sales.
- Implements sales plans and special promotions in the achievement of sales goals.
Information Management & Reporting Activities
- Routinely uses the Company’s sales automation system that is mandated and supported by the Company.
- Using the sales automation system, maintains customer account files and information on each customer within the territory to facilitate transfer of accounts in the event of territorial realignments or termination.
- Using the sales automation system, monitors competitive information and reports competitive activities to Company management.
- Prepares a variety of reports such as sales forecasts, sales targets and results, surveys, research information as requested by Company management.
- On a regular basis, communicates with both internal and external company personnel and affiliated personnel, providing important information regarding sales and marketing activities.
- Coordinates and oversees the constant improvement in departmental work processes, research and educational procedures and administrative procedures.
- Attends local, regional and national exhibits and seminars when requested by Company management.
- Maintains control over expenses within guidelines and budgets set by Company management.
- Identifies customers who may be willing to publish third party papers on Sakura's behalf when requested by Company Management.
- Properly maintains company property such as demo equipment, exhibit materials, etc.
- Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties.
- May assist in training new Area Managers with organization policies, practices, products and services.
- Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent experience.
- Business or laboratory background preferred.
Experience & Minimum Qualifications
- 3 years of previous sales or equivalent experience required.
- Knowledge of laboratory medicine or science background preferred.
- Previous experience in related field preferred.
- Requires a valid Driver's License.
Physical Requirements & Working Environment
- Ability to travel to other company locations on a regular basis. Travel may be required up to 50% of time.
- Ability to read and analyze hard written copy and information on a computer screen.
- Ability to successfully respond to multiple work pressures.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to individuals and groups.
- Ability to communicate verbally in person and using a phone.
- Ability to listen for understanding and assist in problem solving.
- Ability to physically move and handle demo equipment.
- Ability to learn and retain information regarding product features, customer needs, and product benefits.
- Ability to physically witness laboratory environments which may be upsetting to non-medical individuals.
- Affirmative Action Employer
- Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans / Disabled
“Sakura Finetek USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law."