General Position Summary
Responsible for coordinating Technical Support activities including installation, applications troubleshooting, Pre & Post-installation customer training and follow-up for all Sakura customers and Sales Teams while applying diversified knowledge of Anatomic Pathology principles & practices. Participate in all Quality Assurance procedures as required.
Essential Job Functions
Technical Support Activities
- Responsible for addressing application, instrument and training issues.
- Provide on-site training and support for all Sakura products.
- Instruct customers in Advanced Operator Training.
- Perform all follow up training and technical support for new and existing customers.
- Participate in industry forms and product Sales demonstrations.
- Quickly responds to customer inquiries and requests regarding products, questions and technical problems.
- Conducts research to obtain support information if necessary. Proposes alternative solutions to customers for a variety of issues.
- Responsible for guiding complaint resolution to ensure that proper and satisfactory responses and results are provided to customers.
- Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Conducts all duties with the highest level of professionalism.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
Information Management & Reporting Activities
- On a regular basis, communicates with both internal and external Company personnel and affiliated personnel providing important information regarding company products.
- Creates documentation system on spreadsheet and database software to improve department productivity and overall efficiency.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Reviews and edits operator manual for all models of laboratory equipment sold by the Company.
- Attends and participates in group meetings, advisory groups, etc., as needed.
- Plans, coordinates and prepares reports, surveys, research information and any special requests made by senior management.
- Provides specialized product training and continual information/guidance to other staff members.
- Participates in Sales (new hire) training of Sakura products. Prepares hand-out material and formal product presentations along with practical exercises.
- Assists in the control of processes and/or procedures to assure the highest possible levels of quality.
- May provide various reports and information concerning market information, product liability issues, etc., as requested.
- Seeks constant improvement in work processes and techniques to increase department productivity.
- Maintains good communications both inside and outside of the Company.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent in medical technology or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- HT or HTL (ASCP) certification required. QIHC (ASCP) certification highly desired.
Experience & Minimum Qualifications
- Five or more years of histology experience or equivalent.
- Knowledge and understanding of specialized histology such as immunohistochemistry and the company's products and/or services.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge and proficiency on one or more products.
- Strong Customer Satisfaction Skills.
- Ability to write daily reports, business correspondence and sales reports according to specified timelines.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, etc.
- Ability to get along well with diverse personalities. Must be tactful, mature and flexible.
- Fluency with a variety of word processing and spreadsheet software packages used on personal computers.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to present ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Must possess computer proficiency.
Physical Requirements & Working Environment
- This position requires the employee to frequently sit. In addition, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to read and analyze hard written copy and information on a computer screen.
- Ability to successfully respond to multiple work pressures.
- Ability to travel to other locations both within and outside of the local region. Must have a valid driver's license and access to a car.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to individuals and groups.
- Ability to communicate verbally in person and using a phone.
- Ability to listen, understand, interpret and solves problems.
“Sakura Finetek USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law."