General Position Summary
Manages the company’s Customer and Technical Support educational programs, and is responsible for all activities related to customer, employee and independent repair vendor (IRV) training for Anatomic Pathology, and Support Services. Establishes, implements and maintains training standards, assuring that customers and employees receive the best relevant product, scientific and technical education possible. Develops, recommends and coordinates the implementation of adapted training curriculums for employees, customers and IRVs. Evaluates the effectiveness of all current training programs. Where applicable, assists sales, human resources, instrument service and engineering with the specialized training programs these departments conduct. Responsible to ensure scientific accuracy and consistency of technical bulletins, operating manuals, MSDS and other publications from Sakura. Maintains high profile contacts and work with the National Society for Histotechnology, and the state chapters to ensure proper use of Sakura products by conducting and sponsoring workshops. As required and relevant, supports other groups, organizations, and individual institutions in their educational efforts.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops Product and Anatomic Pathology educational curriculums adapted for each Sakura department and customer segment.
- Establishes and provides training curriculum and programs to indoctrinate customers, IRVs and sales representatives in the operation, maintenance and support of products.
- Responsible for training and developing technical support personnel to become proficient at performing product training and workshops.
- Participates in the educational activities offered by national, state, and local Anatomic Pathology organizations.
- Administers programs either by personally conducting training sessions or assigning specific training activities to other personnel.
- Educate internal staff on the use and effectiveness of training as a solution to better instrument performance and minimizing instrument problems.
- Establishes training as an effective solution to maximize the utility of Company instruments.
- Keeps abreast of educational techniques and programs that support Sakura educational needs.
- Manages, coordinates, provides leadership to and reviews the work of personnel performing training on behalf of Sakura.
- Develops, implements and/or acquires training plans and programs to bridge the skills and performance gaps, analyzes costs/benefits, determines program content, delivery methods, and evaluation procedures according to Company needs and requirements.
- Investigates available training methods and procedures to determine the most effective manner in which to conduct programs.
- Maintains records related to the progress and performance of those involved in the training programs.
- Sets up and analyzes measurable parameters to appraise product and scientific knowledge of the Sakura employees.
- Estimates resource needs. Schedules and assigns work to meet completion dates.
- Interviews and recommends candidates for Anatomic Pathology training activities.
- Evaluate instructor performance and the effectiveness of training programs, providing recommendations for improvement.
- Develop testing and evaluation procedures.
- Conduct or arrange for ongoing technical training and personal development classes for Technical staff members.
- Confer with management and conduct surveys to identify training needs based on new products or projects, etc...
- Sets up, and maintain standards for Anatomical Pathology information included in publications destined to Sakura’s customers, including operating manuals, service manuals, technical bulletins, MSDS, white papers, and others.
- Prepare training budget for department.
Technical Service and Consultation Activities
- Provides technical assistance to Technical Support, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Histology Lab, QA, Tech Writing, and Product Development.
- Designs/selects and maintains the critical information on instrument training.
- In collaboration with the Product Development Groups, ensures the timely issue and update of Service Manuals and Service Technical Bulletins, in hardcopy and electronic formats.
- Based on feedback received during training sessions, recommend to Product Development and Manufacturing product modifications and ideas to improve product reliability and serviceability.
Quality/Business Systems Activities
- Ensures that the Quality/Business System is defined and deployed while actively seeking opportunities to continuously improve.
- Ensures standards for ISO 13485 certification are met.
- Together with the Leadership Review Team (LRT), oversees strategic and business planning and periodically reviews quality systems to ensure effectiveness.
- Follows up on action items addressed by LRT and oversees resolution of quality issues.
- Initiates preventive action based on improvement opportunities or trends identified during Leadership Review meetings.
- Initiates action items and assigns responsibilities.
- Coordinates and oversees the constant improvement in Anatomic Pathology and Product training processes, procedures, and administration
- Assists in business related activities of Sakura Finetek.
- Participates in the strategic planning and development of company objectives as requested by senior management.
- Aids in formulating and administering organizational policies.
- Confers with senior management to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals and objectives.
- Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by senior management.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience & Minimum Qualifications
- Six to eight years previous experience in Education and/or product training.
- Three to Five years Medical Technology or related field.
- Knowledge comprehensive knowledge and development of e-learning/web based training programs
- Knowledge and understanding of company's products and/or services.
- Proven leadership abilities.
- Experience in Histology, Cytology and/or customer support desired.
- Ability to use typical office equipment (i.e., calculator, fax, copier, etc.).
- Ability to use a Personal Computer and software for business applications such as presentation programs, wordprocessing, spreadsheets and database programs.
- Ability to get along well with diverse personalities. Must be tactful, mature and flexible.
- Ability to effectively prepare, and deliver high impact presentations to a wide variety of audiences.
Physical Requirements & Working Environment
- This position requires the employee to frequently sit. In addition, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to read and analyze hard written copy and information on a computer screen.
- Ability to successfully respond to multiple work pressures.
- Ability to travel to other locations both within and outside of the local region. Must have a valid Driver's License and access to a car.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to individuals and groups.
- Ability to listen, understand, interpret and solve problems.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans / Disabled
Affirmative Action Employer