General Position Summary
Support development of electromechanical instruments by providing electrical engineering expertise to development team via board and logic circuit designs.
Essential Job Functions
- Designs and develops of medical electrical and electronic analog/digital circuits, while meeting product specifications in a timely manner.
- Designs and programs FPGA, CPLD related circuits
- Conducts product testing, evaluation and validation.
- Provides vendor and project support via product, subsystem or component testing and evaluation.
- Investigates and resolves problems on circuits with instruments and assists in production testing of instruments.
- Conducts FMEA failure analysis of instrument problems, and recommends possible remedy.
- Maintains product documentation to assure correct configuration.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Information Management & Reporting Activities
- On a regular basis, communicates with other department personnel. Attends and participates in group meetings, task force groups, etc., as needed.
- Plans, coordinates and prepares reports, surveys, research information and any special requests made by management.
- Evaluates failures to determine causes of problems and probability of failures.
- Implements methods and procedures for document control and security.
- Assists in editing operator and service manuals.
- Provides engineering support to Instrument Service and Technical Support Departments.
- Assures that work areas are in an orderly and functional condition.
- Suggests improvement in departmental work processes and procedures.
- Maintains good communications both inside and outside of the Company.
- Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties.
BA or BS degree in electrical engineering, electronic engineering, computer science or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree preferred.
Experience & Minimum Qualifications
- Ten (10) years of product development experience in analog/digital circuit design and in system integration. Previous medical device design experience is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in design and development of Embedded applications, including robotic automations, temperature controls, GUI and hardware sensors, actuators interfaces
- Demonstrated experience with Schematic entry, PCB layout, FPGA, CPLD, simulation and AutoCAD CAD tools.
- Demonstrated experience with Oscilloscope, Logic analyzer, spectrum analyzer, multi-meter, data logger, etc. tools
- Demonstrated experience preparing technical documentations, test plans, test protocols, perform tests and write reports.
- Requires attention to detail, and expert application of advanced engineering and associated scientific knowledge.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office tools for word processing, spreadsheet, project, power point, etc.
- Must have well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along well with diverse personalities. Must be tactful, mature and flexible.
Physical Requirements & Working Environment
This position requires the employee to frequently sit. In addition, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to read and analyze hand written copy and information on a computer screen.
- Ability to successfully respond to multiple work pressures.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to individuals and groups.
- Ability to communicate verbally in person and using a phone.
- Ability to listen, understand, interpret and solve problems.
- Ability to travel to other locations both within and outside of the local region.
- Must have a valid Driver's License and access to a car.
Affirmative Action Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer
“Sakura Finetek USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law."