General Position Summary
The Senior Planning and Production Control Manager position possesses a broad range of responsibilities critical to efficient utilization of resources and inventories to meet demand, focusing on deriving customer demand and developing and implementing world-class inventory and production practices and standards. This position is accountable for leading the optimization of the strategic supply chain planning process to meet and exceed customer requirements and Sakura’s business expectations while leading the tactical and strategic use of our Oracle ERP system. At the business level, is accountable for strategic and operational planning to reconcile demand, supply, service levels, fill rate, components shortages and financial requirements. At the production level, is accountable for defining best practices and standardized control processes in regard with capacity planning and utilization required to meet target inventory levels and manages available resources to achieve a reliable, efficient and productive operation in both of our manufacturing floors.
Production Planning & Control (PP&C) is a key support organization that interfaces daily with product development and production functions. All production information filters through PP&C for analysis and subsequent loading into our Oracle MRP system for execution. It is the Production Planning & Control Manager responsibility to integrate the PP&C organization with Sakura’s supply Chain through four major functions: PROGRAM PLANNING, OPERATIONS PLANNING, WMS (Warehouse Management System) AND our ERP (Oracle) system.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinate with planner, at the start of the supply chain, all tasks related in reviewing the BOM to the production requirements in conjunction with the production supervisors.
- Identify, allocate, and disaggregate demand plan by model and develop Master Production Schedules for finished goods and components items based on lead-times, capacity limitations and material availability.
- Analyze trends to forecast demands and modify master schedule.
- Prepare the Production Forecast to be loaded into Oracle.
- Update, on a monthly basis, the Min-Max data base and have it loaded in Oracle.
- Lead the process of integrating marketing forecast into viable production schedules that are compatible with Sakura’s business plan (budget) and ensure efficient use of capacities, resources, while incorporating defined inventory levels.
- Coordinate availability of production capacity with production supervisors.
- Coordinate availability of materials in stock and prepare and manage the weekly shortage report.
- Controlled release of work orders to production to cover schedule requirements.
- Lead the weekly production meeting and provide accurate daily, weekly, and monthly feedback on production status (against work orders and schedules).
- Run MRP Planning for MAKE & BUY items to drive requirements.
- Communicates with inter-company partners to gain their input and support on the business objectives. Foster true partner relationships that allow us to manage and growth within the individual business.
- Revise and manage all manufacturing lead time and make appropriate adjustments.
- Keep close control of Service Parts fill rate (close as possible to 100%).
- Work with R&D (Engineering) and ensure supply chain support to new product launch process from initiation, BOM and new component procurement, to customer delivery.
- Make recommendations via S&OP process to determine long term requirements for production.
- Act as central point of contact for communicating sales trends and required adjustments to supply plans.
- Prepare and manage the3 months planning horizon report for Instruments and follow up on the purchasing feedback.
- Prepare and manage the WIP Material Transaction report in order to coordinate with purchasing the component shortages on a weekly basis.
- Create and manage the Rough cut capacity plan (RCCP to analyze resources.
- Report all metrics on a daily, weekly or monthly basis as needed and the analysis will be presented in an action oriented way with root causes, actions and timelines.
- Revise and update Supply Type and UOM in all Bill of Materials in preparation for the Costing Process.
- Calculation and maintenance of the Calculated Product Cost (C.P.C.) for all MAKE items (assemblies and sub-assemblies) manufactured at SFA, either as an ongoing production or as a new product development.
- Revise and update the C.P.C. for all Make items twice throughout the year, and at the end of the fiscal year (October 1st) in order to update the new burden rates.
- Development, implementation and maintenance of a control program to evaluate, on a monthly basis, the average product cost vs. latest C.P.C.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts with our ERP system.
- Ensure all safety practices adherence to our Quality Assurance policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to plan, organize, direct, perform, review and present projects, schedules and related documents.
- Will make independent decisions based upon evaluation of information and the use of sound judgment.
- Maintains good communications both inside and outside of the Company.
- Performs special work activities and miscellaneous duties as assigned by Company management.
- Seeks constant improvement in work processes and techniques.
- Compiles statistics and prepares various reports for management as requested.
- Maintains cleanliness and neatness of work area.
- BS degree, advanced degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- APICS or CPIM certification preferred.
Experience & Minimum Qualifications
- Experience with Oracle system preferred.
- Must have 15 years minimum experience planning in a manufacturing setting.
- Extensive experience with MRP/ERP.
- Exceptional computer skills with MS Office products.
- Must possess a team-oriented attitude.
- Must have supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge of MRP, Lean Manufacturing, and pull systems.
- Problem solving techniques.
- Project management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be an analytical team builder and effective negotiator.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Ability to execute plans to schedule and complete commitments.
- Ability to build strong business relationships with clear understanding.
- Ability to cultivate a sense of urgency.
- Ability to get along well with diverse personalities. Must be tactful, mature and flexible.
Physical Requirements & Working Environment
- This position requires the employee to frequently sit. In addition, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- Ability to read and analyze hard written copy and information on a computer screen.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to individuals and groups.
- Ability to communicate verbally in person and using a phone.
- Ability to listen for understanding and assist in problem solving.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans / Disabled
Affirmative Action Employer
The above description identifies the essential job functions and skills needed by the person or persons assigned to this position. These job functions and skills are not intended to be a complete and exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The information contained herein is subject to change at the company's discretion.